Kiki870

The Caffeinated Diva reads...

Hi, my name is Kim and I am addicted to books. See? I can admit it!!

Magic Slays
Octavia E. Butler
Progress: 96/320 pages

A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

Usually I am all about the books before I venture into the TV shows or movies, but this time the show came first. This is an all-time favorite series of my husband that he insisted I read and I am so glad that he did!

Having seen the show first, the actors have become the faces of the characters in the book. With few exceptions, that works just fine. With such a long book, I was expecting some times when the pace would drag, but I did not find that at all. The changing story lines from one to another with each chapter kept the story moving and absolutely enthralling.

One of my favorite aspects to the book is that there is usually no clear line between good and evil. Instead, that line is constantly shifting, changing the dynamics of the characters as their stories unfold. The story is rich and intriguing. There are no sugar-coated happy endings or neatly resolved situations. It is raw and it is often violent, but full of fabulous characters and a strong story!

Things to love...

--The multiple story lines. It kept the story moving and kept it intriguing.
--The characters. Whether you loved them or hated them, they were absolutely fascinating!

My Recommendation

It is a heavy read, an epic worthy of the name! But it is one that I HIGHLY recommend!

Source: http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=9986