Kiki870

The Caffeinated Diva reads...

Hi, my name is Kim and I am addicted to books. See? I can admit it!!

Magic Slays
Octavia E. Butler
Progress: 96/320 pages

Fracture Me

Fracture Me - Tahereh Mafi

This is a short novella of the Shatter Me series that bridges the gap between Unravel Me and Ignite Me. It is told from Adam's point of view and I think it is a truly important part of the series.

Adam, Adam, Adam. This novella really digs into his head and leaves me with such mixed feelings about who he is, both for himself and for Juliette. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it makes you wonder about the depth of his love for Juliette... maybe even if it is truly her that he loves or the idea of her that he has created in his own head. There is a fine line between loving someone for who they are and who you think or want them to be. How he sees Julietee is so very different from how Warner sees her and that really adds a whole new dimension to it all. It is also a story about choices, hard choices. Not just in love, but in life.

I think this is a story that will change opinions on Adam, whether for better or worse. But my rating isn't on the character, it is on the value of the story and I loved it.

My Recommendation

Regardless of his character, I think this is a big part of the series to really "get" Adam. I gave it 4.5 mugs.

Source: http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=10460